Here, you can download the form to sign up as a member. Please fill, print, sign and send it to us – scanned via email or printed via traditional mail.
What does it mean to become a member of the Peace Studies Fund?
Vision and goal
The Peace Studies Fund e.V. is a charity organization that aims to support students in the second and third term of the MA Program in Peace, Development, Security and International Conflict Transformation at the University of Innsbruck by contributing to scholarships. Our key ideas are to strengthen the solidarity within the program, and increase the chance of participation, and graduation, for students from all over the world who are interested and qualified to enrol in this special program and who would otherwise be hindered by financial problems.
The current goal of the Fund is to cover the tuition fee for 2 students each term:
2 x 726,72 € = 1.453,44 €.
Being a member
Your support, be it small or big in terms of time or resources, is valuable in the sense that it brings us closer together in the common wish to foster diversity and solidarity within the Master’s Program in Peace, Development, Security and International Conflict Transformation at the University of Innsbruck.
- Do you have experience in marketing and social media or want to become familiar with this field?
- You would like to strengthen the peace network by fostering the ties between current students and alumni?
- Do you know about potential donors? Family, friends, acquaintances that might want to contribute?
- You know a foundation, a public donor or another institution that supports projects such as ours? Help us with your hint!
- You want to organize a charity event such as a lecture, a dinner, a party and other?
- You would like to help writing applications for funding? You have some experience and want to proofread our applications?
Become part of the Fund team and support us with your ideas and experiences!
The Peace Studies Fund is organized as a friend’s association under German law (see our articles here). It is headed by a Board of Directors that represents the interest of all members. Currently the Board of Directors consists of Ravali Gudipalli, Shakir Muhammad Usman, Mirijam Endres and Nina Hawrylow. The frame of an association allows us to visibly build a community of solidarity and connectivity.
As a general rule, there will be a Member’s Assembly once a year in which important decisions are taken together. We plan to organize the Member’s Assembly online, in order to allow participation independent from one’s location. Of course, participation is voluntary.
The Member’s Assembly can issue a member fee regulation. Currently, there is no member fee.
Each member possesses the same active and passive right to vote in the Member’s Assembly. Decisions are taken by majority principle.
The Members‘ Assembly is among others
- electing the members of the Board of Directors,
- consulting about current status and planning,
- adopting the annual report and the economic plan presented by the Board of Directors,
- voting on changes of the Articles of the Association and of a dissolution of the association.
Throughout the year there will be further meetings in working groups and among the active members.